HERTFORD RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
At Hertford Rugby Club we believe that taking part in our sport should be a positive and enjoyable experience. We want to ensure that children are protected and kept safe from physical, sexual and emotional harm while they are with the Club's coaches, helpers and volunteers. In order to achieve these aims, the following will apply:
- All coaches will go on a Foundation (or equivalent) Coaching Rugby Union Course before they begin working with children.
- All coaches and other volunteers will have a job description.
- All coaches and volunteers to be identifiable.
- All coaches to qualify to mini/midi or youth level 1 before becoming Head Coach of an age group.
- The Club will encourage and assist coaches to stay up-to-date with rugby, coaching and child protection issues.
- All coaches will be provided with a copy of the Club's Code of Conduct for Coaches and be expected to adhere to it at all times.
- Adults wishing to supervise mini/youth rugby must register their details with the CPO and agree to police checks being undertaken.
- At least one representative of each age group to be qualified in First Aid.
- Written records will be kept of attendances, parental consents and accidents.
- The Club will provide a written Health and Safety policy.
- Coaches and parents will be provided with a written procedure for dealing with accusations or suspicions of child abuse.
- As a Club, we will promote 'fair play' and adhere to the spirit of the laws and to the letter of the continuum.
- A person will be identified whose role it will be to deal with any concerns about physical, sexual or emotional abuse within the Club, henceforth to be known as: The Child Protection Officer (C.P.O.)
The Child Safeguarding Officer for Hertford RFC :
Click here for E-Mail
PLEASE ALSO SEE THE HERTFORD RFC EQUITY POLICY & RFU FAIR PLAY CODES
Contact Us for more information